It will be irritating for everyone when their mobile continuously beeps or vibrates due to WhatsApp message notifications. At that time, you can customise WhatsApp Notifications for all the contacts or individual contacts according to your wish.
By default, all the WhatsApp messages and calls trigger the same notification tone on your device. But, some people want to set notification tones differently for different contacts. If you are one of them, You can go through the entire article to set the custom notifications for WhatsApp.
Custom Notifications WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a widely used application by millions of people all over the world. The main reason behind its popularity is its frequent updates with new features. With the latest update, it allows the users to customize all the notifications and alerts of all contacts based on their wish. You can also control the notifications of individual contacts in WhatsApp.
Users will be able to customize the notifications for each and every chat such as Vibration, Notification Tone, Pop up notifications, etc. You can also set the sound or ringtone to the WhatsApp notifications according to your wish. If you don’t want to get disturbed by anyone, then you can choose to mute notifications.
In addition, it also introduced a way to mark the conversation as unread, so that blue ticks will not appear for the sender. If you want to customise WhatsApp notifications, then you can go through the below methods.
How to Set Custom Notifications on WhatsApp?
- At first, open a WhatsApp Conversation and just tap on View Contact. Then, you will find new options to set custom notifications.
- Then, you can view the list of settings where you can change the vibration alerts, pop-ups, lights and audio tones.
- A pop-up notification appears on the screen as
- No pop-up
- Only when screen On
- Always Show Pop Up
- Only When screen Off
- Now, you can select any one option depending on the contact.
- You will be able to configure some tones for calls and messages and also configure pop up notification with this custom notification.
- Without unlocking your device, you can see the messages from the people you much care about.
You can also mute your conversations while chatting or when you are busy. Mute the conversations for a particular period of time, if you don’t want to get disturbed. To do this,
- Go to the Notifications in WhatsApp.
- Now, you can find options such as Custom Notifications & Mute.
- Toggle on the Mute option which displays a new screen to set the time period.
- Choose the specific time period such as a few hours, days, months and just tap on OK option.
- From Now, you will not receive any notifications for whom you have set Mute Chat.
Toggle the Read Status of Particular Chats
Now, you can mark the individual chat conversations as unread. To do this, go through the following steps.
- Tap and long press on any Group in the chat list.
- Then, you will find various options such as Group Info, Exit, etc.
- Click on “Mark as Unread” option at the bottom of the menu.
- Now, tap on that option which adds a green circle to the selected chat.
- It doesn’t read the status of the particular chat within each conversation.
Customize Notification Sounds & Ringtones
You can also customize notification ringtones and sounds of all contacts and WhatsApp groups.
- Go to WhatsApp and tap on the Menu which is at the top of the screen.
- Hit on Settings option and then click Notifications > Message Notifications.
- Tap on Notification Tone to set the tone for all WhatsApp groups.
- Choose any one notification tone you wish and hit OK option.
- Click on Ringtone option under “Call Notifications” to set a ringtone for all your contacts.
- Select the specific ringtone and then click “OK”.
Low Data Usage While Calling
WhatsApp added a new feature which enables low data usage while making voice calls in it. With this feature, you can save large amounts of your data. It will be useful for users who are not able to depend on WiFi.
- Go to Settings option on WhatsApp.
- Then, click Chats and calls which displays the list of options.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will find Low data usage option.
- Just tap on it which enables less data usage while making WhatsApp voice calls.
How to Customise Vibration Settings in WhatsApp?
- Open the WhatsApp from the Apps Menu.
- Tap on the more options button which is available at the right top corner of the screen.
- Click on the Notifications option. Now, make sure that the conversations tones are checked.
- Tap on Vibrate option.
- Select your choice
- Off: This will set the Vibration Off.
- Default: This is the default Settings for the App.
- Long: This Settings makes the phone vibrate for a long time.
- Short: This will make your Phone vibrate for a short span of time.
- Now, tap on the back button to exit the main menu.
Conclusion – Set Custom Notifications on WhatsApp
The above methods will be helpful to all the users to customise all the notifications in WhatsApp easily. Now, you can set the notification ringtones and sounds for individual contacts.