If you are an Instagram Maniac, then you can easily get verified on Instagram. In this trending social media Instagram App, Blue verification tick defines a sign of status. Other social networks like Twitter and Facebook have a similar option.
Unfortunately, getting verified on the Instagram App is not an easy task. The term “verified” represents that the App had made efforts to ensure who you are. However, you can get a blue tick, if you are something special such as a celebrity or global brand, public figure, etc.
Instagram is a specially designed platform which allows the users to share the pictures that happened around you. If you are special in something such as regular traveller, foodie or special brand, then, Instagram would verify your account and reward you a sign of status. Getting verified on the Instagram App is one of the prestigious sign where a person or a brand can receive.
You might have seen some people with a blue tick beside their name. It indicates the sign for the users who got verified on the Instagram App. The blue badge on Instagram indicates that your account has been confirmed by the company as an authentic profile of celebrity, public figure, entity or global brand. If you wish you could get the same facility, then you need to perform some simpler steps.
How to Get Verified on Instagram?
- Login to the Instagram Account which you want to verify.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you will find a menu icon. Tap on it.
- Now, go to Settings and then request verification.
- Enter your name and also provide a Photo ID which can be either your Passport, Driving License, or any other govt issued ID card.
- On completion of the verification badge, Instagram will review your request and will send the notification to know whether your account has been verified or not.
- If your request has been denied, then you need not get disappointed. Again, you can send a new request after 30 days.
Tips for Getting Verified on Instagram
Meet the Requirements
The verification requirements are as follows. Instagram takes four criteria into consideration to determine the public interest before verifying the account.
The account must be genuine and authentic, indicate a real person, brand, etc.
Your Instagram Account should be unique with respect to the person or business. Only one account per person or business may be verified. General interest accounts will not be verified.
The Instagram account must be public and complete in the Bio, Profile pic, and at least in one post. Your Instagram profile can’t contain “add me” links to some other social media services.
Instagram verifies the accounts of people who are interested in public, global brands. Internationally known public figures are more likely to get the Instagram verified.
Things to Do Before You Apply for Insta Verification
Build up a massive audience
In order to get more number of followers, you need to create and share the content several times a day. Appreciate or like the best performing content in your niche. Then join engagement groups to get people actively follow your brand. Use the best hashtags.
Emulate Verified Insta Accounts
Look through the accounts that are verified and know what they have in common. For example, if you want to get verified in fashionista. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself.
- Check whether the fashion influencers have their own blogs or not?
- What type and style of content they share on Instagram?
- What is their website Alexa ranking?
- How long you have been around?
- What is their most popular post?
- How long have they been around?
- How many followers do you have across all platforms?
Some Important Things You Should Know
Once after your Instagram account has been verified, you can’t sell or advertise or transfer the badge. You need to keep in mind that Instagram removes the blue badge at any time and it may take away your badge or disable your account if you go against the App policies. Hence, you will not be able to use your account profile picture or bio to promote other services.
Benefits of Getting Verified on Instagram
- One of the best things that you can get with the blue Instagram verified symbol is that the people searching for you or your brand can immediately know that you are the real one.
- Getting verified on Instagram also proves that you have appeared in various independent news sources and your organization is notable.
- Another benefit of a blue badge is ranking at the top of Instagram results related to your account name. Always, verified accounts rank in the top when compared with non-verified accounts.
Conclusion – How to Become Verified on Instagram
If you want to get verified, then you can request it by following the simple steps that are given above. More followers and regular posts also add as an advantage for Instagram verification. But, the main thing depends on the popularity of the brand or anything else. Be expert in something to get a blue badge on Instagram.
Once you get Verified, you will benefit from a lot of things. Drop a comment in the below box to express your opinion and also doubts regarding this page. Also, you can get more news about Instagram on this site.